Sunday, October 31, 2010

¿Quien era Peter Drucker?

Prahalad called Drucker "a gift to the world.

"Rick Warren,  author of The Purpose Driven Life and founding pastor of the Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, Calif., talked about his mentor’s breadth of influence.
“I’m often embarrassed at how often I quote Peter Drucker,” Warren said. “He had a way of saying things simply. Peter was far more than the founder of modern management, far more than a brilliant man, one of the greatest minds of the 20th century. He was a great soul. If I summed up Peter’s life in three words, it would be integrity, humility and generosity…. Peter was the only truly Renaissance man I’ve ever known. He had a way of looking at the world in a systems view that said it all matters.”

 His generosity of sprit explains much of Drucker's immense influence. I reflected back on his work, The Effective Executive, and his admonition to replace the quest for success with the quest for contribution. The critical question is not, "How can I achieve?" but "What can I contribute?" 
Jim Collins


No comments: